Tips to Buying, Storing and Cooking Milk!
We all are well aware of the health benefits of drinking milk but have you ever thought of how milk should be stored? How long does it last? What are the servings? Which milk is good for you – cow or buffalo milk? Which milk to buy – raw or pasteurised milk?
If you are looking for an answer to all the above questions, here are some easy milk tips to consider while buying, storing and cooking milk.
- Buy milk and other dairy products at the end of your grocery shopping as this will make sure that the dairy products won’t get spoiled during summers and you will end up taking them home in a fresh state.
- If you are planning to store milk for long, consider buying milk with opaque packing or a UHT Milk. The transparent packing milk is prone to sunlight and can lose vitamins after exposure.
- Once you take them home, place it in the refrigerate as soon as possible
- Do not store milk in the refrigerator door as it is opened frequently. Opening and closing door again and again makes it prone to warmer air getting in. Therefore, always store your milk in the main compartment on the back side of the refrigerator.
- Always store milk in an airtight container to avoid absorbing the flavours of other products stored in the refrigerator.
Always consider these milk storage guidelines to make sure that your milk and dairy products last longer and remain fresh.
- Do not boil milk on a high flame
- Do not heat the milk repeatedly or for an extended period of time
- Stir the milk with a spoon while boiling
- After boiling your milk, refrigerate it immediately
Cooking with Milk:
- Replace water with fresh milk to add extra softness and moisture to your bakery products.
- To prepare creamier soups, replace water with milk.
- Adding some milk into the batter can make your omelette fluffier.
Verka has a huge variety of milk available in pouch packing and UHT packing. Verka pouch milk is available in 7 variants; full cream, standard, toned, double toned, skimmed, cow milk and institutional pack. Verka UHT milk is available in 4 variants; Fresh+, Standardized, Toned, and Double Toned. To explore other Verka milk products, click here.