The Goodness of Ghee
Ghee is simply the oil extracted from butter, the milk solids are caramelized before they are removed which infuses a delicious nutty flavour into golden nectar. Once considered as the food of Gods but now seen as a fattening element and held responsible for diseases such as diabetes, high cholesterol, & obesity.
From early 70’s vegetable oil have been promoted more and Ghee has been labelled as “saturated fat” but since then has our cardiac health really improved?
Ghee is India’s heritage recipe and a therapeutic one. Checkout some Benefits of Ghee listed below:
- Anti-Ageing: Ghee contains anti-oxidants that make it an anti-wrinkling element.
- Mobilize Fats: Ghee is lipolytic and has a unique short chain fatty acid structure that can mobilize fats from stubborn fat areas of your body.
- Joint Health: Ghee lubricates the joints and oxygenates them.
- Reduces Cholesterol: Ghee reduces cholesterol by increasing contribution of lipids towards metabolism.
- Healthy Heart: Rich in antioxidants, CLA and fat soluble vitamins like A, E, D; Ghee has just what you need for a healthy heart.
- Immunity: Ghee has antibacterial and antiviral properties therefore it helps in recovering from sickness and also boosts immunity.
- De-stresser: Liver produces excess cholesterol under stress and Ghee helps you de-stress, sleep better and wake up fresher!
Verka ensures hygienic method of extracting ghee & maintains its unique colour, consistency, flavour, and aroma. All the dairy products of Verka come from healthy, happy pastured cows with no antibiotics or growth hormones.
Follow these words from Charvaka Philosophy: Rinam Kritva, Ghritam Pibet – “As long as you are live, enjoy your life, incur debt & eat ghee, once the body is burnt, it won’t come back.”
So from good looks to sharp brains, from overcoming constipation to spiritual evolution, ghee is celebrated in India for every reason – gross to subtle, small and big.
Note: If eaten in access ghee can make you fat. The quantity at which the taste of food is best is the right quantity. Only your tongue and stomach can tell you that!