- 4 cups – Whole Verka milk
- 1 teaspoon – Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon – Verka butter
- ½ teaspoon – Cardamom powder
- ¼ cup – Shakar
- 1 tablespoon – Pistachio slivers
- 1 tablespoon – Rose water
- In a pot boil the milk and let it cool for 5 minutes. Add lemon juice all over the milk.
- Mix milk gently and until the milk is curdle. Separate whey and milk curds. Reserve the whey to use for some other preparation.
- Now, take butter in a pan, place on low heat, when butter is melted add milk curds to pan mix, increase heat to low medium continue cooking and stir. Cook until some moisture evaporated and turns into a thick paste. Stir continuously while cooking.
- Add cardamom powder, stir well, when it starts sicking the stirring spoon, add shakar and mix until dissolve. Remove from heat and let it cool. Stir while cooling the mixture.
- When cooled down, divide into equal portions and shape each portion into a ball, then flatten it slightly over the palm.
- Place on a serving tray, place two or three pistachio slivers on each peda.
- Finely sprinkle rose water on the pedas.
- The reserved whey may used in the gravies, making dough in place of water. This is a good drink by adding sugar of your choice and rose water.