Verka Paneer Pancakes
- 1 cup Fresh fruits like banana, mango, figs, apple, strawberries,
- ½ cup Gud Shakar or sugar
- 6 Eggs
- ¾ cup Verka full cream milk
- 1 cup Verka paneer finely grated
- ½ cup White flour – finely sieved whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon Rock salt
- 1 tablespoon Fine powder gud shaker or sugar
- 1 cup Cream
- Verka ghee to griddle
- Yield: 12 pancakes
- Take one fruit or mix you prefer in a pan, add sweet of your choice, mix and cook on medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Keep aside.
- Whip the cream, once it just reaches stiff peaks. Keep reserve. Over-whipped cream will first turn grainy and then to butter.
- Separate egg yolk and white. Take egg yolk in a large bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick. Add the Verka full cream milk and beat for another 30 – 40 seconds. Finely gently fold and mix in the grated Verka paneer.
- In a large bowl, sift together the white flour, rock salt, and sweet of choice and pour into the Verka paneer mixture, stirring lightly until mix well.
- Whisk or with the help of electric beater, whisk the egg whites on medium-high speed until they are stiff but not dry. Gently fold the whites into the paneer batter, just until almost combined, may be batter is slightly lumpy. Its fine.
- Heat a lightly griddle over medium heat. Grease griddle with ghee. Ladle 1/4 cup/60 ml of the batter onto the hot griddle for each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, then flip and cook golden on both sides.
- May hold the pancakes on a rack in a preheated oven at 94°C / 200°F until ready to serve.
- To serve, spoon fruit on pancake and a heaped spoon full of whisked cream and serve.