Verka Mutter Tikkiyan
3 cup – Green Peas
2 ½ cup – Verka Curds
¼ teaspoon – Green cardamom powder
2 Green Chilli chopped
1 tablespoon – Fresh coriander chopped
¼ teaspoon – Cumin powder
2 tablespoon – Channa Sattu – Roasted channa powder
¾ teaspoon – Gud shaker
1 teaspoon – Black pepper, freshly pounded
1 ½ tablespoon – Verka cheese, grated
Fresh bread crumbs to coat
Verka ghee to fry
• Place damp muslin cloth on a soup strainer, keep on a larger bowl. Now place gently the curd without whisk or mixed on the muslin cloth to remove the whey. Place the curd bowl in the refrigerator for 4 hours to let whole whey out. Curd will turn into a cream cheese.
• Meanwhile boil the green peas without covering until well cooked. Remove. Drain and refresh in cold water. Drain and let them cool and air dry for two hours.
• Transfer the curd cheese in a bowl, add cardamom powder, green chilli, rock salt, coriander, sattu, shaker, black pepper and boiled green peas.
• Using hand or spoon stir well until all ingredients are combined together and green peas slightly mashed . If the mixture is sticky, add a little more sattu.
• Divide mixture into 16 – 20 equal portions. Make a small round mutter mixture using palms, coat it with bread crumbs and shape into Patties. Continue the same steps for the remaining potions.
• Heat ghee in a heavy wok on medium heat. Add the patties in batches. Deep fry them until they are crisp and golden. Remove on kitchen paper.
• Serve with mint chutney or any other of your choice.
Sure you will enjoy making this incredible Mutter Tikkiyan soon.