Verka Mushroom Caps
Let’s make these irresistible, creamy stuffed mushrooms!
- 500 grams Button white mushroom
- 4 tablespoon Verka butter
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- Rock salt
- 1/4teaspoon Black peppercorn freshly pounded
- 1 teaspoon Green coriander stems fine chopped
- ¾ cup Brown bread finely diced, look like thick crumbs
- ½ cup Verka cheese grated
Verka Cheese Chutney:
- ¾ tablespoon Verka Butter
- 1/3 cup Verka full cream milk
- 1/2tablespoon BhnaChanna flour
- ¾ cup Cream
- ½ cup Verka Cheese freshly grated
- 3 tablespoon Green coriander leaves roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon Red chilli flakes
- Mushrooms cleaned gently with a damp cloth, remove the stems and minced them. Keep aside.
- In thick bottom sauté pan melt Verka butter on medium heat. Brush lightly with melted butter over the mushroom caps.
- In the same pan with remaining butter add minced garlic, stir and sauté until light golden, mix in the minced mushroom stems, stir well. Sprinkle salt and black pepper and coriander stems, stir and cook until moisture is evaporated takes. Now add brown bread dices and sated until the bread toasted.
- Fill the mushroom caps carefully evenly. Remaining mushroom filling mixed with grated Verka cheese and top up the mushroom caps. Place the filled mushroom caps on a greased baking tray, mushroom cap side down. Bake filled mushroom caps in a pre-heated oven at 176°C / 350°F for 15 minutes until lightly brown and soften
- While mushroom are baking prepare the Cheese chutney. Mix well the bhunachanna flour and 1/3 cup milk. Melt the Verkabutter over medium heat in a pan and add milk mixture. Continue stirring and cook until light custard consistency. Now add the cream grated Verka cheese, 2 tablespoons green coriander, red chilli flakes, Reduce to low heat and whisk until cheese melts.
- Spoon on top of each baked mushroom caps. Sprinkle with finely chopped reserved coriander for garnish.
Sure you will enjoy making this incredible mushroom soon.