Verka Kalakand Cake
Serves 10 – 12
3 litre – Full Cream Milk
1 cup – Sugar
2 teaspoon – Lemon Juice
¼ teaspoon – Green Cardamom powder
1 tablespoon – Pistachio slivers
- Take milk in a large thick bottom pan, place on medium heat, bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Keep stirring until milk reduces to half, continue stirring and let the milk reduce further for 4 – 5minutes.
- In a cup dilute lemon juice with 2 tablespoon water, mix well. Pour lemon water in the reduced milk while on low heat. Simmer 2 minutes more without stirring. Stir gently and allow to curdle.
- Add sugar, stir until sugar dissolves. Let the cooking continues on low heat.
- There are two textures of milk in the pot, one is milk solids and is whey, Whey may start spluttering and solids start turning slightly golden. The whole mixture separating the sides of the pot.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and mix well.
- Transfer the milk mixture into a stainless greased mould.
- Let it cool for 8 – 10 hours or until completely cold.
- Separate the sides with the knife and demould the cake.
- Finely cut the Verka kalakand cake into pieces arrange them on a platter and garnish with pistachio slivers.