Tava Roasted Paneer Kebabs
Kebabs come in so many shapes and avatars. They are a delightful nibble during an evening of chatting or TV watching. In the summer heat, we don’t fancy deep fried foods since they tend to sit heavy in the stomach. Here is a delicious recipe of kebabs that can be lightly roasted on a ‘tava’. They are filled with the goodness of Verka Paneer, and are flavorsome without the fat !
- 2 potatoes, boiled
- 1 cup sago (sabudana)
- 1 cup grated Verka Paneer
- ¾ cup Verka Dahi
- 1-2 tbsp Verka Butter
- 6-7 tbsp roasted peanuts, coarsely crushed
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander , chopped finely
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- a pinch of powdered sugar
- ¼-½ tsp chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- Place the Verka Dahi in a square piece of muslin and tie it up. Hang for one hour to drain all the liquid.
- Peel, then mash or grate the potatoes.
- Drain the soaked sabudana and place in a mixing bowl with the mashed potatoes, grated paneer, peanuts,coriander, lemon juice, salt, sugar and chili flakes.
- Add the thick dahi from the tied bundle. Mix everything well.
- Lightly smear your palms and fingers with oil, then shape the mixture into long kebabs. You can use skewers or ice cream sticks too, if you so desire.
- Heat up and lightly smear a frying pan or a flat ‘tava’ with Verka Butter.
- Arrange the skewers in it in a single row. Do not crowd too many together.
- Roast the kebabs, flipping them regularly till they are crisp and browned from all sides.
- Serve with mint chutney, ketchup or a chili-garlic sauce.
Note : For even crisping, keep the flame at medium/low. As a variation you can add grated carrots to the mixture. Make sure the paneer is not too wet. Too much moisture will make the mixture sloppy.