Chef Kandla says “A spiced up, creamy bowl of macaroni is such a delightful and comforting meal. Using Verka Butter and the wholesome processed cheese from Verka takes this dish to another level! It’s easy to slip in a bunch of nutritious veggies. It will become a ‘One Dish Meal’ Peas, beans, bell peppers, cauliflower, corn are some of the options. The non vegetarians can add pre-cooked chicken or ‘keema’ along with some crisp greens.”
Tangy-Peppery Macaroni Ingredients:
- 250-300 gm elbow macaroni
- 1 chopped onion
- 1½ cups thick tomato puree
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups chopped veggies (capsicum, bell pepper, spring onion shoots, carrots, corn,beans)
- 1 tbsp Verka Butter
- 1 tsp dried oregano (optional)
- 1 cup Verka Processed Cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil 5-6 cups of water, add 1 tsp of salt, then tip in the pasta for cooking.
- Drain pasta when it is tender, then immerse in cold water. This will stop the cooking process.
- Sprinkle with a spoonful of oil and toss to prevent sticking.
- Heat up a pan with Verka Butter and fry the onions. Add garlic and saute briefly.
- Add the veggies along with some salt and oregano, then stir fry till they are tender.
- Add tomato puree and bring to a simmer. Transfer the pasta into the pan along with grated Verka Cheese.
- Toss well, heat through and serve hot to your friends or family!
Note: Be careful not to make the pasta mushy. It should retain a ‘bite’. This is termed as “al dente”. You can also make this into a baked pasta. Just scatter some grated cheese and bread crumbs over the surface, drizzle some melted Verka Butter on top and bake for 20-30 minutes till the top is brown and crispy.