Spiced Banana Fritters
Sp’ice Cream !
The humble banana is the most easily available fruit, all year round. It is laden with goodness and nutrients that give us an incredible power punch.These cinnamon infused medallions are fried till crisp, then served with Verka ice cream and chocolate sauce.When you bite into a morsel, you experience the crunchy exterior, giving way to a mushy banana in the center. Enrobed in ice cream, it’s truly an “Oh My God’ experience ! They are ready in a wink and gone in sixty seconds !
Spiced Banana Fritters:
- 3-4 bananas
- ¾ cup maida
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 egg
- ½-¾ cup full fat Verka Milk
- Oil for frying
- Place the maida, baking powder and ground cinnamon in a deep bowl and stir to incorporate.
- Add an egg and some of the milk and beat lightly. A balloon whisk does a great job.
- When the mixture is lump-free, add more milk till you have a smooth, thick batter.
- Set up oil for frying. Cut the bananas into chunks or longish batons.
- Dip each piece of banana in the batter, shake off excess, then deep fry till crisp and golden hued. Drain on kitchen towels.
- Serve immediately with Verka Vanilla Ice cream ! Bon appetit !
Note: Grated nutmeg is a fragrant add on to the ground cinnamon. It adds another depth to the fritters. A lovely variation is possible with the use of rice flour instead of maida, along with an addition of desiccated coconut. The oil must be hot, or else the end product will be soggy.