A smoothie combines the goodness of dahi and fresh fruit to create a healthy , nourishing drink. The all important base of a smoothie is dahi, and nothing better than Verka Dahi ! Papaya is rich in anti-oxidants, vitamin C,B and many trace elements. It makes a lovely smoothie when combined with Verka Dahi. Add some mango for benefits and flavour. You will get a brilliant,sunshine coloured drink ! Almonds and honey will take it one step further! Cheers to a glassful of good health !
- 1½ cups papaya (papita), peeled and chopped
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp almonds
- 1 cup Verka Dahi
- 1-2 tbsp honey (optional)
- Soak the almonds in warm water for 7-8 hours. Peel and chop roughly.
- Use the blender jug of a mixie. Add the Verka Dahi,mango,papaya and almonds.
- Whiz to make a smooth, thick puree.
- Add ice cubes and honey (if using) and whiz again.
Serve chilled in tall glasses, topped with a sprig of mint, a slice of mango or a cherry.
Note: You can also make a smoothie with banana, kiwi, strawberry or pineapple. If you don’t like too much sweetness, avoid the honey. You can get extra nourishment if you add a teaspoon of powdered flax-seed (alsi) to the smoothie. Cashew nuts or melon seeds (magaz) can also be used instead of almonds.