Rose Milk with Sabja Seeds
Rose fragrance is a timeless essence used in various drinks, kulfis, sweets, and ice creams. Today, Ms. Kandla Nijhowne will share with you the recipe of pretty pink and sweetened rose flavored milk loaded with the nutrition of ‘sabja’ seeds. Basil seeds (sabja) are high in omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fiber, and iron. It is recommended to use them daily in our drinks, soups, and salads.
Rose Milk with Sabja Seeds Ingredients:
- 2 cups Verka Milk (full fat)
- 4-5 tbsp sugar
- ¾ tsp rose essence
- 1 tbsp sabja seeds (tukmaria)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Clean the sabja seeds and discard any straw or twigs. Soak them in 2 cups of water for 30 minutes.
- Boil the milk, reduce the heat, and let the milk thicken for 15 minutes. Strain after it cools down.
- Add sugar and rose essence to the milk.
- You may add a drop of red color if desired.
- The sabja seeds must be plump and jelly-like by now. Strain away the surplus water.
- Add the sabja seeds to the milk and stir with a fork to break up any clumped seeds.
- Taste the milk to check the sugar level.
- Pour it in pretty glasses and serve chilled with or without ice cubes.
Note : Always soak the sabja seeds in plenty of water else they will clump together into a sticky mass. You can also replace sugar and rose essence with Rooh Afza. A quick way to make this drink is to simply soak the sabja seeds and mix with the Rose flavored Verka Milk.