We are in the midst of the frenzy of #Diwali. At home, in shops, and at friends’ place, mithaais seem to surround us in all directions! Much as we enjoy these sweet and syrupy delights, we finally crave for some salted relief to balance it.
My favourite savoury snack remains the salted cashew nuts. Bought ones are not as delicious and healthy as the ones you can prepare at home with a little help from Verka Ghee! The aroma of the ghee takes them to another level altogether!
- 3 – 3½ cups cashew nuts
- 1½ tbsp Verka Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Pepper (optional)
- Transfer the cashews into a deep bowl.
- Warm the ghee so it flows, drizzle it over the cashews along with salt and pepper (if using).
- Spread the nuts on a wide plate in a single layer.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes, then toss the nuts around once.
- Microwave again for another 2½-3 minutes or till the nuts look less pale.
- Remove from the microwave and let them cool before storing in an air tight jar.
Note: The following spices taste divine when added to the cashews – kasuri methi, chilli flakes, chaat masala, jeera powder. Do not use all of them in one batch of nuts. The taste will be overpowering. Do not roast the nuts for too long. Remember, they will continue to cook further even after removing from the microwave.