Red Velvet Cake
• 1⁄2 cup Verka Butter (115 gm) plus a little for greasing the cake tin
• 11⁄2 cups grain sugar
• 1 cup Verka Dahi
• 3 tbsp cocoa powder
• 2 large eggs
• 21⁄2 cups maida
• 1 tsp soda
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tbsp vinegar
• 2 tbsp red food colour
• 11⁄2 tsp vanilla essence
• Grease a heart shaped cake tin with butter. Dust it with a little maida.
• Whip together the butter, sugar, and vanilla essence.
• In a small bowl, mix the Verka Dahi, cocoa, and food colour. Keep aside.
• Add eggs, one at a time, whisking between each addition.
• Sieve together the maida, soda, and salt.
• Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
• Now add half the maida, then half the dahi mixture to the batter. Mix.
• Add the remaining maida. In the second portion of dahi, stir in the vinegar and add to the bowl. Beat again to blend.
• Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 30-40 minutes till cooked in the center.
Note: Bake the cake in the middle rack of the oven. This prevents the top from over-browning. You can slice this cake and layer it with whipped cream. Smooth the top with another layer of cream, then decorate with sliced strawberries.