Imagine a dish that not only has fresh & bright veggies, ticking the ‘healthy’ box, but is also spicy and tangy that cooks in a jiffy ! This easy to cook and sumptuous dish is dalia pulao. Eating daal-roti daily becomes monotonous. Everyone savors a healthier yet tastier variant to the regular meal. Relish this blend of fiber enriched pulao with a generous mix of veggies. With a Verka Ghee tadka, this is a dish to binge on!
- 1 cup dalia
- 2½ tbsp Verka Ghee
- ¾ tsp sabut jeera
- ¾ tbsp minced ginger
- Finely minced green chilies (as per taste)
- A pinch of heeng
- ½ tsp haldi
- 1½ cup mixed chopped veggies (peas, carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms and rest as per your liking)
- ¾ cup chopped tomatoes
- salt, pepper and lemon juice as per your liking & taste
Method to cook
- Heat half a tbsp of ghee and saute the dalia till it’s lightly brown and fragrant.
- Next pour 3 cups of water into the pan along with a teaspoon of salt and haldi. Cover this mixture and cook till the dalia becomes tender.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a fry pan and add jeera until it crackles, followed by a pinch of heeng.
- Now stiry fry some grated ginger, minced green chilis and chopped veggies in the same pan.
- Finally add in chopped tomatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes. Scoop the cooked dalia into this pan and mix all the components well.
- Warm thoroughly, and season with some pepper, salt and a handful of chopped dhaniya.
- Place some lemon wedges as sides to squirt on the top. And voila ! Your vegetable dalia is ready to serve !