Make it a Steak!
Making any dish with paneer is very simple and quick. A large, juicy chunk of Verka Paneer, marinated in spices and herbs, and then cooked to perfection will win anyone’s heart! The wholesome, creamy paneer marries wonderfully with the marinade, becoming aromatic and moist to taste. Add a pile of healthy veggies on the platter to complete the meal!
Paneer Steak Ingredients:
- 250 gm Verka Paneer
- 5 tbsp Verka Dahi
- 3 tbsp Verka Ghee
- 2 cups vegetables, cut into chunks (carrots, capsicum, beans, cauliflower, mushroom, broccoli)
- 2 tsp dried mint
- ½ tsp ‘degi mirch’
- ½ tsp powdered ‘jeera’
- ½ tsp ‘garam masala’
- ½ tsp rock salt (kaala namak)
- 1¼ tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- Place the last 7 ingredients into a flat, shallow dish.
- Add the Verka Dahi and mix well with a fork till smooth. This mixture is called a marinade.
- Cut the slab of Verka Paneer into 3 thick rectangles and place them in the marinade.
- Flip them over to coat them well in the marinade. Cover and keep aside for half an hour.
- Heat up a grill pan or a non-stick pan and smear with a little Verka Ghee.
- Lower the paneer chunks onto the surface and grill for 2 minutes or till golden brown. Flip over to cook the other side adding a trickle of Verka Ghee again.
- Remove the steaks from the pan.
- Stir fry the vegetable chunks with a little more ghee, then toss them in the pan with the leftover marinade. Stir to coat.
- Arrange the warm paneer steaks on a plate and place a portion of the colourful greens by their side.
Note: An electric grill can also be used instead of a pan. Try a different set of flavours! Omit the Indian ‘masalas’ and prepare a marinade of ginger, garlic, and soy sauce. Soak the paneer, then grill it to make a Chinese style steak.