- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- ½ cup Semolina (suji)
- 2 teaspoon Verka ghee
- Rock salt
- Soak semolina in ½ cup water, mix well, cover and leave it for 1 hour.
- Take whole wheat flour with little rock salt, in a large bowl, make well in the centre, mix the semolina once and add in the centre of the flour. Now mix the flour add water in batches and knead the soft and smooth dough. Add melted ghee and knead for 2 minutes. Cover with a moist cloth and leave it to rest.
Paneer Bhurji Filling
- 1 cup Grated Verka Paneer
- 1 tablespoon Verka ghee
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Cassia stick 2cm
- ¼ cup Onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ tablespoon Coriander seeds pounded
- ½ teaspoon Brown cardamom powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon Green chilies chopped
- ¼ cup Tomatoes chopped
- Rock salt
- ¼ teaspoon Mango powder
- 1 tablespoon Fresh coriander chopped
- Verka ghee to shallow fry the parcels
- Place Verka ghee in a pan, place on a low heat, when get melted, add cumin seeds, cassia stick, stir and saute until fragrant.
- Add chopped onions, stir, and increase heat to medium, stir and sauté until turn soft and pink. Now add ginger, stir for few seconds. Now add pounded coriander seeds, brown cardamom powder, turmeric, stir and sauté for few seconds. Add black pepper powder and chopped green chilies, stir, and sauté for few seconds. Now add chopped tomatoes and stir once.
- Then add grated paneer, rock salt, and 2 tablespoons of water, stir to mix. Let it cook for 1 – 2 minutes, add chopped fresh coriander, stir to mix well, let it cook for another 1 -2 minutes, or until moisture drying up. Remove from heat and let it cool. May keep in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Divide dough into 16 -18 equal portions. Roll a portion of the dough 80mm diameter round. If need be use little flour. Make sure the filling is cold at room temperature or maybe a little colder. Fold the opposite sides of the dough, cover the paneer filling and overlapping them slightly. Now fold the other two sides to secure the filling. Repeat the steps until all the portions of the dough and the filling is used.
- Heat Verka ghee in a pan enough to shallow fry on low medium heat. Fry in batches, turning once or twice, or until crisp golden evenly on both sides. Remove to a paper towel.
Serve with mint chutney or sweet, sour, and chilli chutney.