Wrap it Up!
We always look for new avatars of ingredients to create interesting recipes. Frankies are another style of serving a ‘chapatti’ which wraps around a filling to make an innovative and easy to eat packet. It’s an easy way to smuggle veggies into your children’s’ diet! Frankies make an excellent snack to pack into a tiffin box. Going for a picnic or watching a match on TV, prep some Frankies ahead of time, pop them into a casserole, and enjoy a fuss-free, all-in-one meal!
Paneer Frankie Ingredients:
- ½ cup each of chopped tomato and on
- 3 tbsp Verka Butter
- Chilli sauce, salt, and tomato sauce to taste
- ¼ cup each of sliced carrots, cabbage, and capsicum
- 3-4 chapattis
- Heat 1.5 tbsp of Verka Butter in a pan and saute the onions.
- Add tomatoes, capsicum, and a little salt. Cook till they are tender but still crunchy.
- Add diced Verka Paneer, chilli sauce, and a little tomato sauce. Toss to warm through and turn off the heat.
- Warm each chapatti and smear lightly with Verka Butter.
- Scatter some carrots and cabbage over each chapatti. Then arrange a scoop of cooked paneer over them.
- Spread the goodies across the length of the chapatti, top with a drizzle of tomato sauce, roll firmly, and secure with a toothpick.
- Serve warm with chutney or tomato sauce.
Note: You can replace tomato ketchup with soy sauce for a change of flavour. If you are planning to pack and carry along, wrap the Frankies in a foil or grease-proof paper. As a variation, use crisp lettuce and grated Verka Cheese instead of raw veggies.