Paneer Besan Cheela
Paneer Besan Cheela
Chill Out with Cheelas!
When clouds gather in the skies to herald the arrival of raindrops, our mind strays to a hot cup of tea and perhaps some crispy, spicy delight. Besan Cheelas are a quick snack and oh~so~satisfying! They are not deep fried; hence they are light on the stomach. Moreover, you can make them nutritious with a filling of delicious Verka Paneer and some fresh greens. Next time the clouds thunder and hunger strikes, try some chaai and Cheelas!
Paneer~Besan Cheela Ingredients:
- 150 Gm Verka Paneer
- 1¼ Cup besan
- 2-3 tbsp Verka Butter or Verka Ghee
- ½ Cup chopped onion
- 1 Chopped chilli
- ½ Cup Chopped tomato
- ½ tsp salt
- Chaat masala, mint chutney or imli chutney (optional)
- Mix together the besan and salt, then add water to make a thin batter. Make sure there are no lumps.
- In another pan heat ½ tsp Verka Ghee or Verka Butter and lightly sauté the onion and Cheela. Add crumbled Verka Paneer and toss to combine.
- Now place a frying pan on the flame, lightly smear the surface with Verka Oil or Butter, and then ladle some besan batter on to it. Encourage the batter to spread into a neat, round circle.
- Cook till the edges begin to change colour, drizzle with some ghee, and then flip over to cook the other side.
- Once the Cheela is firm and lightly browned, remove from the pan. Repeat and cook more Cheelas with the remaining batter.
- Arrange some of the onion-paneer filling in the central portion of each Cheela. Scatter some tomato bits over it and top with chaat masala.
- Roll up the Cheela and serve hot with your favourite chutney!
Note: Thinly sliced capsicum, bean sprouts and shredded spinach also make a great filling for Cheelas. For added nourishment, stir a few tablespoons of oats into the besan batter. Stuffed and tightly rolled Cheelas can be sliced into ‘pinwheels’ and skewered with toothpicks. They make an innovative starter!