Paneer and Vermicelli Balls
Little bites, big flavour!
Paneer Vermicelli Balls, a perfect any day snack which can be made easily with Verka Paneer and few other ingredients. They are crunchy outside and munchy within!
Try them with a cup of chaai or when you crave for something hot and delicious!
Paneer and Vermicelli Balls Ingredients:
- 200 g Verka Paneer
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- 200 g fine vermicelli
- 2-3 tbsp Verka Dahi
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 4 tbsp chopped dhaniya
- 1-2 chopped green chillies
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup maida
- Salt, red chilly powder, black pepper, and chat masala to taste
- Oil for frying
- Boil the potatoes. Peel and mash them in a bowl.
- Grind the green chillies, ginger, and fresh dhaniya with Verka Dahi. Add dahi enough to make a thick paste.
- Crumble the paneer well and add potatoes along with the paste.
- Add salt, red chilly powder, black pepper, and chat masala as desired and mix thoroughly.
- Make lemon-sized balls out of the mixture. Keep them ready on a platter.
- Blend maida with little salt and water to make a thin batter.
- Crush the vermicelli into small pieces and spread out on another plate.
- Heat up the oil. Dip each ball into the maida batter and then roll in the vermicelli.
- Gently lower 7-8 balls into the hot oil. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Fry till crisp and golden brown. Serve hot with your favourite chutney or ketchup!
Note: Before you begin, dry roast the vermicelli slightly to enhance the taste of the snack. You can also add a little crushed ‘kasoori methi’ in the mixture. Some boiled peas can also be placed within each ball as the centre of attraction.
While coating the balls, use one hand to dip in the batter and the other one to coat with vermicelli. This will simplify the process.