Ehsaas Adraki !
Ginger ! My favourite go-to ingredient from the fridge. It lends it’s own sharp kick and heat to any preparation, be it a curry, a kebab, a pulaav or even a chaai ki pyali. To get maximum benefit from it, it’s best not to overcook ginger. Pick a pack of Verka Paneer and cook it with ginger as the key component. Enjoy the adraki ehsaas of this vibrant and unusual dish ! But hey ! Don’t forget that touch of Verka Ghee for your cooking !
- 1¾ cup tomatoes, chopped ,then pureed
- 2 tbsp Verka Ghee
- 2 tbsp ginger, (thinly sliced, then cut into matchsticks)
- 300 gm Verka Paneer
- 1 onion, minced finely
- 1½ tsp whole jeera
- Chopped green chili to taste
- ¾ cup chopped coriander
- 1 tsp each dhaniya powder and garam masala
- Salt and chili powder to taste
- amchoor 1 tsp (optional)
- 4 tbsp cream
- Heat Verka Ghee in a wide kadhaai and briefly fry the chopped onion.
- Add green chili and coriander , then cook further for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato puree along with chili powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Cook till the ghe separates away from the paste.
- Add cubed paneer , toss and cook covered for 1-2 minutes.
- Finally add cream, the ginger matchsticks and garam masala.
- Sprinkle amchoor if using, then toss to coat, then warm through.
Note : In this preparation, the green dhaniya is cooked into the curry. The ginger is cooked minimally so that its flavour remains heightened.