Oats and Raisin Cookies
A Punch of Good Health
We all know about the goodness of ‘meva’ for our health. Oats too pack a punch of nutrition and fiber. Let us put together healthy wholewheat, plump, juicy raisins and oats and make some cookies ! Verka Butter adds an awesome flavor and benefits of vitamins. These cookies are an excellent snack at any time between meals. A few cookies with a glass of Verka Milk makes a complete and balanced breakfast. Being homemade, they are devoid of preservatives and artificial flavoring.
- 1 cup grain sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar (or ‘shakkar’)
- 1 cup Verka Butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups oats
- 1½ cups whole wheat (atta)
- 1 cup raisins
- Sieve together the wholewheat, soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, ‘shakkar’, eggs and vanilla till fluffy.
- Stir in the dry (sieved) ingredients. Do not beat vigorously, just fold in with a spatula.
- Now add the oats and raisins. Mix well.
- On a baking sheet, drop the cookie dough with a tablespoon in a rounded shape.
- Keep 2 inches space between the clumps of cookie dough. They will spread while baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove when light brown in colour.
- Cool well before shifting them to an air tight jar.
Note : Do not over bake the cookies. They can burn easily within a short period. Mixed spice (nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves) can also be used instead of cinnamon powder. Replace 2 tbsp of ‘atta’ with soya flour for extra dimension and added health quotient. For a kiddy version, replace the raisins with the ever favourite choco-chips !