No-Bake Cocoa Cookies
A Treat Without Heat !
Who can say no to crunchy, decadent, butter laden cookies ? I’d willingly gobble them up but don’t ask me to go make them ! Here is a no-bake-batch you can prepare so easily without going near a hot oven ! They are sheer indulgence, nutritious and ready in a blink !
No-Bake Cocoa Cookies:
- 3 tbsp Verka Butter
- 2 tbsp refined oil
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup honey
- ¾ – 1 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- Dry roast the oats in a deep pan or a ‘kadhai’ till fragrant (6-7 mins) Remove.
- In the same vessel. place the Verka Butter, honey, oil, cocoa and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, then cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Switch off the heat, stir in the peanut butter, vanilla and roasted oats. Mix thoroughly.
- Lay out a sheet of greaseproof paper on a tray or a flat surface.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture on to the paper. Chill to set.
- Peel off from the paper and transfer to an airtight jar. Bon appetit !
Note: The oats need roasting on a medium fire or else they will be scorched. Spike the cookies with a few spoonfuls of grated coconut, some dried cranberries or some plump raisins. They can be added along with the oats. Check the warm, gooey mixture prior to setting. If it is deficient in sweetness, sprinkle in some powdered sugar.