Meetha Masala Dahi
- 4 cups- Verka curd
- 4 Tablespoon- Shakar or powdered Gur
- ¾ Tablespoon – Fennel freshly crushed
- A pinch of garam masala
- ¼ cup- Pistachio or almond or both slivers
- 4 Silver or 1 gold leafs (optional)
– Take a large enough muslin cloth which can hold the 4 cups of Verka curd. Soak in water and squeeze, line a sieve with muslin and set sieve over a large bowl. Place the Verka curd on the muslin cloth (curd should not be whisked). Fold the ends of the muslin cloth over the Verka curd and place a stainless steel plate on top. Place half a kilo of weigh it down to squeeze the whey out. It will take approximately 20 minutes to 25 minutes. Reserve the whey in a bowl.
-Remove the plate from over curd. Lift the muslin gently and transfer Verka curd to a bowl. It’s look like curd cheese.
-Add shaker, fennel and whisk well until gets the creamy texture. If too hard then may add few spoons of the reserved whey. Check the sweetness.
-Finely add a pinch of garam masala and whisk well.
-Now shift into serving bowl, garnish with slivers of almonds or pistachio or both and silver or gold leafs.