- 3 cup-Green Peas
- 2 ½ cup- Verka Curds
- ¼ teaspoon- Green cardamom powder
- 2- Green Chilli chopped
- Rock Salt
- 1 tablespoon- Fresh coriander chopped
- ¼ teaspoon- Cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon- Channa Sattu – Roasted channa powder
- ¾ teaspoon- Gud shaker
- 1 teaspoon- Black pepper, freshly pounded
- 1 ½ tablespoon- Verka cheese, grated
- Fresh bread crumbs to coat
- Verka ghee to fry
- Place damp muslin cloth on a soup strainer, keep on a larger bowl. Now place gently the curd without whisk or mixed on the muslin cloth to remove the whey. Place the curd bowl in the refrigerator for 4 hours to let whole whey out. Curd will turn into a cream cheese.
- Meanwhile boil the green peas without covering until well cooked. Remove. Drain and refresh in cold water. Drain and let them cool and air dry for two hours.
- Transfer the curd cheese in a bowl, add cardamom powder, green chilli, rock salt, coriander, sattu, shaker, black pepper and boiled green peas.
- Using hand or spoon stir well until all ingredients are combined together and green peas slightly mashed . If the mixture is sticky, add a little more sattu.
- Divide mixture into 16 – 20 equal portions. Make a small round mutter mixture using palms, coat it with bread crumbs and shape into Patties. Continue the same steps for the remaining potions.
- Heat ghee in a heavy wok on medium heat. Add the patties in batches. Deep fry them until they are crisp and golden. Remove on kitchen paper.
- Serve with mint chutney or any other of your choice.