Joy on a Stick!
There is a plethora of bright yellow mangoes in the market! They are waiting to be eaten in one form or another. Often, the odd one gets soft and squishy while sitting in my fruit basket on the dining table. That’s the perfect time to open a tub of Verka Dahi, whip them together, and make mango popsicles for the family!
- 2-3 ripe mangoes
- 1 tub Verka Dahi
- 5-6 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Verka Whole Milk
- Tie the Verka Dahi in a square piece of muslin cloth. Hang for 3-4 hours till the whey has been drained.
- Peel, chop, and liquidise the flesh of the mangoes. You need 2 cups of thick pulp.
- Use a bowl to blend together the pulp, hung dahi, and sugar.
- Add Verka Milk and mix again. Check if the mixture is just sweet yet tangy.
- Ladle the mixture into ice-cream moulds. Cover tightly with a foil, then poke ice-cream sticks through the foil.
- Freeze for 7-8 hours, de-mould, and serve at once.
Note: You may add elaichi powder or saffron for a variation. To demould, briefly dip in warm water to loosen the popsicle. Add coconut milk instead of regular milk for a taste of the tropical.