Ice Cream Cake
Ice Cream Cake
“We all love ice cream and we all enjoy a piece of cake, so what happens when the two meet? We have a double delight called an Ice Cream Cake! This beautiful masterpiece has layers of moist cake holding together gorgeous dollops of cool, dark chocolate ice cream by Verka. Mmmmm…..marvelous !”
Ice Cream Cake Ingredients:
- 2 cups maida
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coffee powder
- 1 cup Verka whole fat Milk
- ½ cup Verka Butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Use a deep bowl and mix well the sugar, maida, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, coffee and salt.
- Add Verka Milk, eggs, Verka Butter and vanilla. Whisk, then add one cup of boiling water and beat briefly till combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined round cake tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool and slice into two or three thin discs.
- Soften Verka Chocolate Ice Cream in a bowl.
- Quickly sandwich the cake layers together with generous amounts of ice cream.
- Press well to seal, cover with foil, then freeze for 3-4 hours.
- To serve, remove the cake on to a pretty platter, decorate with more ice cream, chocolate sauce, chocolate shavings or sliced strawberries.
- Cut into wedges and enjoy a slice of heaven!
Note: This dessert cake can climb up several notches to impress. Melt a few chocolate bars with a little Verka Milk and Verka Butter. Prior to serving, pour the gooey mess all over the top of the cake. You can also warm some honey, add some peanut butter, a handful of cornflakes and gems to make a colorful topping for a kiddy cake.