French Toasts !!
French Toasts !!
Chef Kandla says:
“Take a slice of bread, add in wholesome sweetened milk, give it a touch of butter and WOW ! You have created a comforting dish with minimal effort and few ingredients. French Toast converts the simple bread slice into a bite of heaven ! All you need is a pouch of wholesome full fat Verka Milk, ‘khaalis’ Verka Butter and some sugar and eggs ! These warm and milky French toast are a traditional breakfast fare but they are delicious anytime during winter months.”
Classic French Toast Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 4-5 tbsp powdered sugar
- ¾ cup Full Fat Verka Milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/8th tsp salt
- 4 slices bread, thickly cut
- 2 tbsp Verka Butter
- 2 tbsp refined oil
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add Verka Milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Beat briefly till mixed.
- Place the oil and butter in a small bowl and microwave till the butter melts and the two have mingled together.
- Heat a frying pan and add some of the oil and butter mixture.
- Lower a slice of bread into the eggy dip , remove and transfer to the fry pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Fry the remaining bread slices likewise, adding more butter and oil when needed.
- Serve warm with a dusting of more powdered sugar or honey.
Note: You can make several variations of this classic recipe. Sandwich together some warm, cooked slices with fresh fruit, berries or nuts. Serve with runny cream to win everyone’s hearts ! Pouring chocolate sauce over them would make them the perfect kiddie treat ! Use bread that is 1-2 days old. It will not break up while dipping and soaking. Mixing oil into the butter prevents the latter from getting burnt.