Easy Cheesy Sauce
Verka Cheese can be used to cook and create countless wonders ! A cheese sauce is one such delight ! It is a great, handy jar of goodness to keep ready to add to stir fried veggies, a boiled pasta, a salad or just used as a dip with chips and batons of crisp cucumber, peppers or carrots. You need just a handful of ingredients to make this flavorful sauce which you can keep chilled in your fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- ½ ltr. Verka Whole Milk
- 30 gm Verka Butter
- 25 gm ‘maida’ (3 heaped tbsp)
- 90 gm Verka Cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the ‘maida’ and stir briskly for a minute or so.
- Remove from heat when the raw smell of ‘maida’ has disappeared.
- Add milk, stirring well as you do so to prevent lumps.
- Return to the heat, warm through and keep stirring till the sauce thickens.
- Add grated cheese, pepper and a little salt. Keep stirring till the cheese melts completely.
- Check seasoning, cool and transfer to a jar to refrigerate till needed.
Note: Do not re boil the sauce. The cheese may get stringy. Do not add too much salt at the beginning. The cheese shall bring along more saltiness to the final sauce. Check and add more if needed, only after the cheese has melted completely. White pepper powder looks more classy in the final sauce than specks of black pepper powder !