Easy Cheesy Pasta
Easy Cheesy Pasta
“We Indians have accepted pasta as our own, almost forgetting that it’s an Italian dish! Every#party or wedding spread will surely have a live pasta station, tossing your favorite #veggies along with cheese and sauces. We can toss a much better pasta platter at home with very little effort. It can be loaded with vegetables or meats to make it more balanced and nourishing. Fine ingredients like Verka #Cheese and Verka #Butter are always at your service to ensure success!”
Easy Cheesy Pasta Ingredients:
- 300 – 350 gm pasta (you can select any shape)
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (beans, cauliflower, mushroom, broccoli, corn, carrots, capsicum)
- 2½ tbsp Verka Butter
- 1 tbsp oil (olive oil is preferable)
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- ¾ cup finely diced onion
- 1½ cups tomato puree
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 7 tbsp cream
- ¾ -1 cup grated Verka Cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped basil leaves
- Salt, pepper and oregano to taste
- Boil the pasta in salted water till it is tender but not mushy. Drain, toss lightly with oil and keep aside.
- Heat half the butter in a kadhai, stir fry the veggies till tender but crunchy, then remove to a bowl.
- Put the remaining butter in the kadhai and fry the garlic and onion till soft.
- Add about a tsp of oregano, some salt and pepper and the tomato puree. Stir and cook briefly.
- Add half of the grated cheese into the kadhai and simmer till it melts.
- Add the cream and some sugar, then check the taste of the sauce.
- Now tip the pasta and veggies into the sauce and toss lightly to coat.
- Transfer the pasta in to a wide bowl, scatter with basil leaves and the remaining cheese. Serve piping hot!
Note: Cooked meats can be added to the pasta if desired. You can make the dish spicy by adding chili flakes. Do not use chili sauce. The vinegar in it will give an undesirable Chinese flavour to the pasta. When boiling pasta, reserve some of the drained liquid. It can be used to thin the sauce if need be.