“Dahi by Brand Verka is a hugely popular product, favoured by countless housewives. It is thick, creamy and nourishing. It converts into a shrikhand in a jiffy when you drain out the whey and flavour the resulting thick dahi. In the mango season, treat your family to ‘Amarkhand’, a delightfully fresh, yet light dessert prepared with mangoes and Verka Dahi.”
Creamy Amrakhand Ingredients:
- 4 cups Verka Dahi
- ½- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 4-5 tbsp pistachios
- 2 tsp milk
- 6-8 strands saffron
- 1- 1½ cup mango puree
- Few extra slices of mango for garnish
- Tie up the Verka Dahi in a square piece of muslin, hang till the whey is drained off, leaving you with a thick residue.
- Soak pistachios for 30 minutes, then slip off their skins, slice thinly and keep aside.
- Warm the milk in the microwave and soak the saffron strands in it.
- Untie the muslin bundle, tip out the dahi into a bowl and whisk it with powdered sugar. Add less sugar at the beginning, then check if more is needed.
- Add mango puree and saffron milk. Whisk till well blended and smooth.
- Stir in some pistachios and check the sugar balance.
- Transfer dollops of amrakhand into individual bowls and garnish with more pistachios and mango slices. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Note: Substitute honey for sugar. You will savour a new flavour altogether! If the pistachios don’t peel easily, microwave them with the water for a few seconds. You can also use cardamom (elaichi) powder instead of saffron.