Nobody can say no to a freshly baked cupcake, brimming over the edge, fragrant, flavoursome, and filled with the goodness of home baking. These chocolate cuppies have a surprise ingredient, Verka Dahi. It results in cakes with super moist texture. You can top them up with a whipped chocolate frosting or serve them as they are.
- 2 large eggs
- 100 gm each of grain sugar and brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup Verka Dahi
- ¾ cup Maida
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line the muffin tray with 12-14 paper cases.
- Sieve together all the dry ingredients (last 5) in a deep mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs along with the oil, vanilla essence, regular and brown sugar.
- Pour half of this mixture over the dry ingredients along with half the Verka Dahi.
- Stir lightly and add the remaining mixture and dahi. Mix again but do not overbeat.
- Use a large spoon and pour the cake batter into each cupcake up to half level.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until they rise well (a toothpick inserted into the centre should come out dry, not sticky).
- Remove from the oven and cool before storing in an airtight tin.
Note: To frost the cakes, warm 100 gm thick cream and 200 gm chopped chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir well and microwave again in short spurts till you have a velvety smooth mixture. Let it cool down, then transfer to an icing bag and make whirls over each cupcake. For a special effect, scatter sprinkles on each of the cuppies! Be vigilant while baking the cupcakes, they can quickly over bake, get dry or burn around the edges.