Cheesy Broccoli Soup
Comfort in a Bowl
The steaming warmth of a nourishing and flavorful soup is always welcome on chilly winter evenings. Here, a cheesy, creamy broccoli soup would tick all the boxes. Verka Cheese adds delicious goodness to the broccoli benefit in this quick, soul-satisfying bowl of comfort.
- 3 tbsp Verka Butter
- 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp ‘maida’
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 cups full-fat Verka Milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 450-500 gm broccoli
- 2½-3 cups grated carrots
- 1½ cups grated Verka Cheese
- Heat the Verka butter in a deep pan and saute the onion till soft and transparent.
- Add garlic and cook further till the raw smell disappears.
- Scatter the ‘maida’ into the pan, stir briskly, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Lower the heat and pour in the stock and Verka Milk, stirring all the time to prevent lumps.
- Break up the broccoli into small florets.
- Add the carrots and broccoli into the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Tip the grated Verka Cheese into the pot and simmer once again.
- Check the seasoning and serve in pre-warmed bowls with a little grated cheese on the top.
Note: For a smoother soup, puree the cooled soup in a blender, then re-warm and serve with a few reserved florets of cooked broccoli. A scattering of roasted almond slivers also makes a crunchy add-on.