- ¾ cup – Verka Full cream Milk
- 1½ cup – Verka Lassi
- 2 ½ teaspoon – Dry Yeast
- ¾ teaspoon – Sugar
- ¼ cup – White flour
- ½ teaspoon – Baking Soda
- ¾ teaspoon – Rock Salt
- Powder sugar for sprinkling on beignets.
- Verka ghee for frying
• In a heavy saucepan, heat milk on medium heat until small bubbles starts appearing.
• Remove from heat and in lassi. Add dry yeast and sugar.
• Transfer to milk mixture in a large bowl, add in flour, baking soda and rock salt. Mix gently to form a dough (texture of the dough is similar to a thick batter).
• Place the dough into greased container, cover, and keep it in warm place and dry place for 30 minutes.
• Now take the dough onto a floured surface and form a ball. Roll out the dough on a well-floured surface. Cut into 3.5cm squares. Place these cut beignets on greased butter paper. Cover with and keep in refrigerator.
• Heat the ghee in a pan to 177°C – 350°F. Fry beignets until puffed and golden crisp.
• Drain on a paper towel. Sprinkle with powder sugar.