Baked Aloo Gobhi
To Serve – 4
- 1 ½ cup Cauliflower florets with chopped green stalks
- 1 cup Potatoes medium size with skin cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon Verka Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Whole dried red chilli broken into two
- 2 teaspoon Ginger finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Green chillies chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ¼ cup Cream
- ½ cup Verka cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon Verka butter
- 1 tablespoon Green coriander stalks chopped
- Heat ghee in a Kadahi on low – medium heat. Stir in cumin seeds and sauté until a pleasant aroma starts. Add dried red chilli, stir once, ginger, green chillies, stir and sauté on medium heat for few seconds.
- Add potatoes, sprinkle salt, mix in masala well and sprinkle 2 tablespoon water, cover. Cook for 2 minutes, while stirring once or twice.
- Now add cauliflower, stir add 3 tablespoon of water, cover and cook for 4 – 5 minutes on low medium heat. While cooking stir occasionally.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder, mix and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes while stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- When cauliflower cooking, pre-heat the oven to 175°C / 350°F
- Place AlooGobhi to an oven proof casserole evenly. Pour cream on the AlooGobhi evenly. Spread the mixed grated Verka cheese and coriander stalks all over the vegetables and finely place 3 – 4 Verka butter dollops. Bake the aloogobhi casserole in the pre-heat oven 6 – 8 minutes. Remove and serve with paratha, naan, roti.