Awadhi Andaa Curry
Offerings from Awadh
Gravies and curries change in taste as you move from one state to another. An egg curry is one comfort food which is easily made with ingredients which will definitely be in your pantry. This Awadhi style gravy is rich and velvety, owing it’s taste to good Verka Ghee and Verka Dahi. Moreover, a little Verka Milk Powder does wonders for the final dish. It lends it the final ‘nawaabi’ touch !
- 6 eggs, hard boiled and shelled
- 5-6 pods of garlic roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, roughly chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, sliced thickly
- ½ tsp haldi
- 2 tbsp cream
- 4 tbsp Verka Dahi, beaten
- 2 tbsp Verka Milk Powder
- Salt. garam masala, chili powder and kasoori methi to taste
- 2 tbsp Verka Ghee
- Pop the onion, chili, ginger and garlic into a blender-jug. Grind to a paste.
- Heat Verka Ghee in a ‘kadhaai’ and fry the paste from the blender-jug (4-5 minutes)
- Add salt and haldi, then stir in beaten Verka Dahi and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add chili powder, kasoori methi and garam masala.
- Mix the Verka Milk Powder with a ¾ cup of water. Add to the ‘kadhaai’.
- Simmer for 6-7 minutes, then add the eggs, stir and cook covered till the flavors have combined well.
- Drizzle cream over the top, mix lightly. Serve with a scattering of fresh ‘dhaniya’.
Note : You can make Verka Paneer too, following the same method. Cream can be substituted with ‘malaai’ from milk. Some thinly sliced and browned onions take the flavor of this dish to the next level !