To Serve – 4
- 2 Red Apple
- 2 tablespoon Verka Ghee
- 4 cups Verka Full Cream Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Green cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon cassia powder (dalchini)
- 2 tablespoon Pistachio slivers.
- Shakar or sugar use if require after tasting the final preparation.
- Wash apple and wipe well, grate through the thicker grater hole. Grate the apple with skin. Must grate quickly and carefully and continuously otherwise the apple turn their colour to brown.
- Take Verka ghee in a pan and place on medium heat, when melts add grated apple, stir and sauté, until the apple will release moisture. Reduce heat to low, continue sauté 6 -7 minutes or until moisture evaporated and apple turn to semi dry texture. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate, spread and let them cool. When cold enough, cover and place it in the refrigerator.
- Take Verka milk a heavy bottom pot on medium heat, bring milk to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer milk until in between to ¾ – ½ of its volume. It may take 12 – 15 minutes. Stir regular intervals to avoid milk sticking at the bottom.
- Add pistachio slivers (reserve for some garnish), cardamom powder and cassia powder. Let it simmer for 1 – 2 minutes. Remove from heat, let it cool. Stir gently at regular intervals. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove the apple and reduced milk from refrigerator. Mix apple in the reduced milk spoon by spoon until all the apple is mixed. Make sure it should be gentle mix.
- Check sweetness then a sweetener of your choice may be added.
Serve in individual cups and garnish with slivered pistachio. May be silver or gold leaf.