Alsi ke Laddu
Alsi ke Laddu
“Flaxseed (alsi) are small, shiny seeds that pack a powerful punch of nutritional benefit for our body. They are a heart-healthy and low-carb boost for our system. They are a great source of omega 3 and fiber. With the help of Verka Ghee and a few more ingredients, we can prepare delicious laddus with this magical seed.”
- Flaxseed Laddus:
- 5-6 tbsp Verka Ghee
- 1 cup roasted chana daal
- ¼-½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup chopped jaggery (gud)
- 5 tbsp powdered flaxseed (alsi)
- ¼ cup powdered almonds
- ¾ tsp ground ‘elaichi’
- Crush the gud in a large, wide bowl, then add to it the powdered flaxseed, almonds, sugar and elaichi.
- Dry roast the chana daal once again to make it lightly browned and fragrant.
- Cool the daal, grind to a fine powder and add to the other ingredients.
- Warm the Verka Ghee, drizzle it over the bowl and mix the powders well.
- Use a kneading action to blend everything together.
- Now shape the mixture into small balls and arrange on a plate or tray.
Note: Freshly grind only as much alsi as needed. Stored powder can go rancid. Do not use too much ghee while mixing, or the laddus will become too greasy. If you like, you can mix in chopped almonds or cashews into the mixture.You can also try a variation by using broken wheat (daliya) instead of chana dal.