Achari Paneer Tikka
Tangy, spicy, sharp and fiery! I know nobody who doesn’t love ‘achaar’! When you transform healthy paneer into a lip-smacking Paneer Achaari, it’s a double bingo! When you skew the flavourful chunks and barbecue them, it’s a triple bingo! Try this irresistible starter today with Verka Paneer and Verka Ghee
- 450 gm fresh Verka Paneer
- 1 tbsp each ginger and garlic paste
- ¾ cup Verka Dahi
- Juice of one lemon
- 1½ – 2 tbsp Verka Ghee
- 1 tsp Degi Mirch
- ½ tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup each square cut chunks of onion and capsicum
- 2 tbsp achaari masala
- Tie up the Verka Dahi in a piece of fine cloth and hang for 2 hours. Once the liquid has drained, you will get a clump of thick dahi.
- In a bowl, mix the dahi, ginger and garlic pastes, lemon juice, achaari masala, degi mirch, and salt. Add 1 tbsp melted Verka Ghee and mix well. This is your marinade.
- Dip in the paneer cubes, mix to coat and keep them covered for at least one hour.
- Spoon out the extra marinade and toss it along with the chunks of onion and capsicum.
- Skew the paneer alternately with the chunks of onion and capsicum.(You can use a grill or a fry-pan to cook the paneer).
- Cook under a hot grill or on a heated fry-pan.
- Drizzle the leftover ghee while cooking.
- When golden brown, remove from heat and serve with mint chutney.
Note: To make your own achaari masala, dry roast the following:
1 tbsp each of mustard seeds (sarson), fennel (saunf), coriander (dhaniya), cumin (jeera) and ½ tbsp each of nigella (kalaunji), fenugreek (methi), carom (ajwain), and 2-3 dry red chillies.
Cool and grind to a powder. Add chaat masala if you like. This masala can be used to prepare chicken, karelas, potatoes, brinjals and many other delightful dishes.