Reasons why Cheese is good for you
Cheese is sometimes considered as a fattening and unhealthy dairy product. People often avoid having cheese, especially when on a diet. But, apart from having a great taste and high-fat content, there are many nutritional benefits of cheese for health. To know why cheese is good for you, take a look at some of the benefits listed below:
- High in Calcium: Cheese is a rich source of calcium that helps keep the bones healthy and also prevents tooth enameling. Also, cheese helps produce saliva that restores the PH levels after having a meal and thus rinses away bacteria and sugar from the teeth.
- Supplies Probiotics: Probiotics found in cheese helps boost immunity to fight with infections and diseases.
- Rich in Vitamins: Vitamins such as B6, A, B12, folate, iron, zinc, and phosphorus are found in many types of cheese which in combination with certain kind of proteins promotes anti-inflammatory benefits and improved vision.
- Provides Protein: Being high in protein, cheese helps secrete insulin, controls the glucose and thus lowering the risk of developing diabetes.
- Improves Cholesterol: Some studies show that cheese might lower down LDL cholesterol as compared to other fat sources.
- Increases Muscle Mass: Cheese such as ricotta is known to increase muscle mass in healthy adults and thus making them stronger.
- Makes you Feel Fuller: Fats and proteins found in cheese make you feel satiated and carbohydrates provide energy to your body, and thus making you feel fuller for a long time and also helps keep your carvings away.
Note: These benefits only works if the cheese is consumed in moderation. To know how much and what kind of cheese is good for you, get a health analysis & a custom diet plan from your nutritionist.
Including cheese in your diet does not mean having pizza and pasta. There are many healthy ways to include cheese in your diet to gain its nutritional advantages such as adding it in your salads to make it more interesting and tasty. Dressing the salad with shredded cheese will spruce up the taste. Same is the case with soups, you can glam up your classic soups such as spinach, tomato or other soup by just adding some processed cheese on top and it will ensure rich and creamy taste. Cheese is something that you can add to almost every dish that you make; be it sandwiches, kaathi rolls or tarts.
So, what are you waiting for? Create a healthy food plan for yourself that includes a moderate amount of cheese. You can also consider buying Verka Cheese that will surely make your meal tastier and healthier.