Burfi in a Jiffy!
Diwali is a time for gorging on sweets and more sweets! It's advisable to make 'mithais' at home for a personal touch, better taste and issues like hygiene. We seldom attempt to make them because 'mithai-making' sounds like a laborious task, but you are wrong! By using Verka Milk Powder, Verka Milk, and Verka Butter, you can prepare the most delicious burfi in a jiffy! Make a double-decker chocolate flavoured barfi! It is guaranteed to delight the children!
Double-Decker Burfi Ingredients:
- 6 tbsp Verka Butter
- 2½ cups Verka Milk Powder
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¾ cup Verka Whole Milk
- ½ tsp elaichi powder
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup Verka Milk Powder
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup Verka Whole Milk
- 3½ tbsp Verka Butter
- Grease a shallow tray or 'thaali' and keep it aside.
- Use a heavy pan and heat the Verka Butter with half the Verka Milk.
- Mix the other half of the milk with the Verka Milk Powder to make a smooth paste. Then add it to the pan.
- Stir in the elaichi powder and sugar and continue to cook till the mixture thickens and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Pour the mixture into the waiting 'thaali' and level the top with a spatula or butter knife.
As before, heat up Verka Butter along with half of the Verka Milk.
- Mix together the cocoa powder, milk powder, sugar, and make a paste with the remaining milk. Add this to the contents of the pan and keep cooking.
- When thickened, pour over layer-1. Spread evenly.
- Let it cool completely before cutting into squares or diamond shapes.
While spreading the warm mixture on the tray, your work will become easier if you grease the spatula or the butter knife. You can garnish the burfi with chopped pistachios or almonds. Simply scatter them over the chocolate surface, then press -in to embed them into the burfi.